Partnering with Milwaukee Radiologists
Hospital based radiology:
We believe that independent physician practices are motivated to provide services that help hospitals from both a clinical and business perspective. We believe part of patient care includes state of the art imaging services that are convenient for the patient, this in turn provides additional revenue for the hospital. That is why we will work with you to provide a customized solutions that meet your needs.
MRL is comprised of 21 board certified and fellowship trained radiologists.
- Interventional radiology
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine
- Body Imaging
- Cardiac radiology
MRL has dedicated support staff that provides operational support in order to increase efficiencies.
- Project Management
- 24 hour IT support/ Integration solutions
- Customer service representative
- Business consulting
- Credentialing, licensing service
- Image storage solutions (disaster recovery)
- PAC’s solution
- Remote radiology infrastructure
Radiology group partnering:
The current healthcare climate is dynamic with healthcare systems merging and /or partnering in order to maximize control over a patient population. In Wisconsin there has recently been several health system mergers, UW-Health/ Swedish American Health System along with Mercy Health System-Janesville/ Rockford Health System. We have also seen a new health system enter Wisconsin, LifePoint Hospitals out of Brentwood, TN. They have recently purchased Watertown Regional Medical Center. This type of consolidation is consistent with what we are seeing throughout the country. Along with consolidation we are seeing an increase in hospitals employing/ purchasing physician practices. With change comes uncertainty.
MRL is looking for like minded groups with whom to partner/ merge, in order to help other independent radiologists maintain their hospital contracts. We are open to discussing ways we can support radiology groups by providing services that smaller groups may not be able to on a consistent basis. We believe this will help radiologists maintain their independence and strengthen their position within hospitals.
Remote sub-specialty radiology
MRL’s comprehensive remote radiology services are designed to help physician practices improve patient care through subspecialty interpretations.
Unlike most teleradiology practices we are an independent radiology group that is motivated to help other radiology practices and other specialties provide services to strengthen their relationships with their patients and hospitals.
- Emergent turnaround times averaging less than 30 minutes, with the majority less than 20 minutes.
- We can provide sub-specialty interpretations to help fill a “void” for your current group, helping to improve patient care. Sub-specialty to include: Abdominal Imaging and Virtual Colonoscopy, Cardiac Angiography (Cardiac CTA), Cardiovascular Imaging, Emergency Radiology, Gastrointestinal/Genitourinary, Head and Neck Imaging, Musculoskeletal Imaging (including MSK ultrasound), Neuroradiology, Pediatric Imaging, Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and other Nuclear Medicine, Thoracic Imaging, Vascular Imaging, Women’s Imaging.
- Sub-specialty interpretations within 24 hours.
- Our physicians are personally available for your ED and referring physicians.
- We can provide both preliminary and final interpretations.
- We utilize Intelerad PAC’s so, all we need is a VPN and web access for your technicians.
- We will provide training for your technicians. From an IT perspective we can be up and running in one day (excluding any interface requirements).
- MRL maintains the highest security standards to ensure data integrity and HIPAA compliance.
- Final interpretations will require an HL7 interface.
- We have a dedicated credentialing team to help expedite the credentialing process.
- We offer flexible billing options. We can bill directly/ bill patient directly for final interpretations or charge you a fee-per-study.
- We currently participate in medical executive committee meetings for all the hospitals where we provide services (on-site and telerad). We will be happy to do this for your facility as well.
- We will schedule a “kick-off” meeting with your staff to introduce you to your project manager and customer service team. We will outline the project a set expectations.
Milwaukee Radiologists Ltd., S.C. offers a comprehensive consulting program designed to help our colleagues grow and diversify their practices’ through outpatient imaging. We understand the challenges the new healthcare climate can present clinically and from a business perspective. This is why we believe in using our expertise in imaging to partner with our fellow clinicians in order to offer solutions that are patient centric and make good financial sense.
Have you thought about?
- Who will read your patients studies
- Sub-specialties interpretations
- Turnaround times
- Patient safety policies
- PACS hardware and data transmission
- CT and MR protocols
- Radiation safety
- Quality assurance
- Tech education
- Contrast allergy premedication guidelines
- Physician trained in contrast reaction management
- Patient education materials
- ACR/ICANL accreditation
- Image storage